Wednesday, 9 April 2014

More news .....

I spent last night - ripping out and rewinding up the hand spun yarn from the shawl I shared with you yesterday.  

Shawl
The closer to completion, the more I became unsure of the shape and how it would sit.  So I'm off to see what 'pattern' I'd like to try.

As I mentioned yesterday, it's that time of year again - for the SWD National Exhibition.  This year the exhibition will be at Hostry at Norwich Cathedral and the crypt of Norwich School (which is in the grounds of the Cathedral) from 15th May until 1st June 2014.

Last year I was amazed when my Jacaranda Dreams quilt was selected for the exhibition and this year another quilted project - a work bag - has been selected.  

Work BagWork BagWork Bag


I think next year I'll maybe submit the cushion I did for Fat Quarterly Aurifil tester, 

finished cushion
hopefully along with another hand dyed quilt project, (which has yet to be conceived and fabricated).

signature panel

3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

LOVE the bag x it is always frustrating when a project just isn't working .. so well done for bighting the bullet x now you can use that beautiful yarn for a project that you DO love and will use x

Ella said...

Your pillow is all my favorite colors! Also, the bag is fabulous. And, now, you've inspired me to knit some...

MariQuilts said...

I love the quilting on your cushion.....sooo lovely!!!